For many of us, standing up for ourselves doesn’t come naturally 😓 – in fact, it can even seem like a no-go. Maybe you’re someone who doesn’t like to “rock the boat” and swallow any opposing feelings or thoughts to avoid confrontation – you find that doing what others want seems the best or easiest thing to do.
But when we let people walk all over us, it leaves a bad taste in our mouths.😖 We’ll end up with anger and resentment. We may wonder why people are so insensitive… why don’t they know what we want?
This is why you should stand up for yourself 💪 and stop 🚫 doing everything for someone else’s benefit. 🙅♀️
And to really stand up for yourself, you need to have boundaries and, more importantly, know how to set them. 🤗
When we don’t, we become passive – we let life “happen” and often get stepped on along the way.😞
If you find it challenging to stand up for yourself, you’re probably out of touch with your very own needs and overly attentive to those of others. In that case, you’re setting the stage for being taken advantage of.
Your needs, wants, desires, and goals are just as important as anyone else’s. Maybe they have not have been recognised as such when you were younger, but you have the power 🌟 to make sure they are now.
And if you start standing up for yourself and fighting your own corner, you’ll find that things will start shifting in your favour. ❤️
You can listen to this episode here or on any of these streaming platforms.
Check out my latest posts:
- 47. Don’t Be Afraid to Start Over (Daily Special)
- 46. You’re Deserving of Love (Daily Special)
- 45. Free Yourself and Start Living the Life You Desire
- 44. Your Dreams Are Valid, So Keep Chasing Them
- 43. Sortez maintenant de votre bulle !
- 42. Get Out of Your Head Now!
- 41. Stop Forcing People to Care About You (Monday-Get-Up-And-Go Podcast)
- Dear Every Badass Woman Out There, Including Me
- 40. Stop Reopening Doors for Toxic People and Calling It Closure
Enjoying what you’re reading and listening to? Subscribe to my newsletters here!
Leave a Reply